Blog Parties

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Easter Spring Mantel

The calendar says it is Spring and that Easter is just a few short weeks away. So it was about time my mantel said the same thing.

It didn't take much work. And just a little bit of moolah. To change it from St Patrick's Day to Easter.

All I had to do was add a bunny here.

And a bunny there.

And some spring flowers. But I think it needs something else. I'll have to think on that for awhile to figure out what this mantel still needs.

Added a few cabbage plates. But still not quite happy.

It's looking like Spring. But it still needs something.



This bunny came from TJ Maxx a few weeks back. I had a gift card that had a few dollars left on it. So this bunny was almost free.

I took a trip to Tai Pan Trading on Saturday with my niece and got 3 of these green balls. I have no clue what they are made of. But the texture is so cool. I got three for $6.00

This bunny was a Marshall's find a few years ago. He usually keeps house on my back patio.

Most of the items on my mantel I used in my St Patrick's Day one. This white milk glass urn was a thrift store find last year. The greenery balls are from last year as well.



I made this split pea ball last month. I had a left over Styrofoam ball from the thrift store that I slathered in hot glue & rolled in a tray of split peas. Easy peasy ball to make.

The flowers are from Dollar Tree.

I got my bud vase set from Lillian Vernon for 1/2 price.

I finally figured out what the mantel needs. It needs a banner or garland of some sort. So I made these tags that spell "Easter".

I used Microsoft office to spell out Easter and printed the letters on card stock. Not sure what font I used. And I'm too lazy to go back to try & figure it out. I then used my tag punch to cut out each letter.

Can you believe that I have a Silhouette machine that I'm still too lazy to get out & use? I've had it since Christmas. It sits there in the box, mocking me. I'm too skeered to get it out.

I used my distress ink around the edges of each tag. I rubbed too much on the bottom of the first one and thought I had ruined it. But then I kind of liked it, so I did it to all the letters.

Much better.

Strung the letters on some twine. Tied the twine around the end bottles.

And now I am ready for Easter. Well at least my mantel is.

The rest of my family room. Not so much.

Hopefully I will get motivated to do something with the rest of my room.



Linking to:

Easter Link Park @ Centsational Girl

Spring Mantel Linky party @ Home Stories of A to Z

Saturday Nite Special @ Funky Junk Interiors

18 comments:

  1. I thought about asking for a silhouette for my birthday, but I hate reading big books of directions and knew the box would just sit there mocking me too. lol!
    Your mantel looks so so pretty!! I love the sweet bunnies and the tag garland is really cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kim...

    I love your spring/Easter mantel, my friend! I think it's perfect! Ooooh...I love the green balls that you found at Taipan...sooo pretty! They almost look fuzzy in places but I couldn't figure out what they are made out of. And...I love your new glass bottle vases! Did they come in the little wood carton? Sooo cute! Girlfriend, I just love all the pretty tags that you make. You're right...the EASTER banner is just what your pretty mantel needed! It was like the icing on a cake! Thanks for sharing your beautiful mantel with us!

    Warmest spring wishes,
    Chari

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty spring mantle. That bunny looks so happy.
    D

    ReplyDelete
  4. The tags were the perfect touch. Love the bunnies and the greenery. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favorite is the mirror with the bud vases and the tags, very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is adorable! I love the bunnies, and the letters... and the bud vase is wonderful! I want one...
    once again, amazing vignette!

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm Susan from homeroad.net Love your mantel, love your blog. I'll be your newest follower. Stop by when you can!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely mantel! Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  9. adorable! love the bottle vases.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Perfect solution - simple and creative.
    Great idea and inspiration.

    :D Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the Shabby Chic look especially for my New England home. You have great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my... not only is your mantel lovely, those tags and beakers are the coolest thing! I'm glad you distressed them too much. They look awesome!

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  13. Did you notice that we have the exact same bud vase thingy on our mantels? Great minds girl...

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your mantelscape, Kim! And you did a fantastic job with the tags! Your "mistake" with the distress ink turned out to be a blessing in disguise. They're perfect just the way they are!

    Blessings,
    Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage
    http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete