Blog Parties

Monday, April 18, 2011

A Thrifty Easter Vignette

With me it's either feast or famine. This week, it will be feast.

Since Easter is this Sunday, I better get to posting my Easter decor.

Today you get "A thrifty Easter" vignette on my small cabinet.

Almost everything in this vignette was found at a thrift store, or made for almost no money.

The wire basket & bunny were both thrift store finds from a couple of years ago.

This is my favorite bunny. Isn't he so dang cute?

I found the vintage seltzer bottle at an antique store for cheap. The Easter tag came from Michael's a few years back. It was like a buck. The large apothecary jar came from Kirkland's a long, long time ago and was pretty cheap. The eggs, from Ross.

I picked up this Atlas jar a few weeks back at my local thrift store for 75 cents. I planted some wheat grass inside. Placed it under a glass cloche I made from a glass dome picked up at, you know where, a thrift store. Even the ironstone plates that the cloche sits on came from a thrift store.

The Easter tag was a free printable from EweNmePrintables.com. You can't get any thriftier than "free".

My frame was a thrift store find years ago. I added some lattice scrapbook paper. I picked up a book of paper at Michael's a few weeks back on clearance for 75% off.

The Easter bunny print was from my vintage images CD from eBay.

And that is how I came up with my thrifty Easter vignette.

I can't believe how fast this month is flying by. I'm so looking forward to Easter. We will be going down to San Diego to spend Easter with my extended family at my parents house. What are your Easter plans?



Linking to:

Table Top Tuesday @ A Stroll Thru Life

Nifty Thrifty Tuesdays @ Coastal Charm

8 comments:

  1. You did a great job with your vignette and I love that you did it for almost no money. That's my way of decorating! I love the little bunny too. Nice job and thanks for sharing.
    ~Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love every detail here! The bunny in the wire basket is just too adorable! He is too cute! I love how you decorated the glass jars, it's a great display and the eggs in the covered jar look like candy! Happy Easter..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your Easter vignette, Kim! I really love that frame with the print and paper you put in it. You can't beat the price for the look you got!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonder job. Very clever ideas, and so cute!
    D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your thrifty Easter vignette, Kim. That is the cutest little bunny.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely lovely! I'm your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous. I absolutely love it all. How clever to put the tags in the jars, I never think of anything like that. Love all of your jars and the picture is perfect also. Precious bunny. Thanks so much for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  8. A very sweet vignette, Kim! You're such a "thrifty" gal! lol All the separate components came together beautifully.

    Blessings,
    Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage
    http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete